Mathstory Terms and Conditions
Please read the full Terms and Conditions. By participating in this Competition, you undertake to comply with and abide by these Rules and provide all information required. You understand that any failure to do so will result in disqualification.
The competition winners will be announced on December 15, 2020 and the winners will be notified by e-mail, as well as published on the Mathstory’s website and social networking sites.
- Students may submit one (1) video (3 to 4 minutes in legth) on the topic:
"How can Mathematics be used in our society?
How can we make Mathematics more relevant to our lives?
How can Mathematics helps us solve the most significant problems of our time?"
- The video must be submitted via YouTube and be made public or unlisted, and a link to the video should be submitted with the entry.
- The Mathstory Video Competition is open to all students enrolled in a recognized degree at Swinburne University of Technology.
- Team entries (max 2 students) are allowed and encouraged, however, only one prize will be awarded for the winning video.
- The video must be an original creation – no copyrighted music, video, sounds or images may be used without prior, full permission from the author(s) of said copyrighted music, video, sounds or images that you wish to include.
- The video must be in English.
- The video must not contain violence, profanity, sex or direct attacks on individuals or organizations. Any entries deemed offensive will be immediately disqualified.
- The video must not infringe on any third party rights.
- The video must not have been produced for compensation or posted previously on any web page.
- The video must include the full name of the entrant(s).
- The registration form on the Mathstory website must be completed at the time of submission of the video.
- The publication of the video becomes the property of Mathstory at Swinburne.
- Videos may be edited, used in whole or in part for promotional or any other purpose, including placing them online (e.g., on www.mathstory.org) or published or posted on any of Mathstory’s social network accounts without any additional compensation.
- Mathstory reserves the right to use prizewinners’ names in any advertising or promotional materials relating to this competition without further notification, permission, or compensation to the winners.
- By submitting a video, each student acknowledges his or her understanding of and compliance with these rules.
- You agree to take part in any competition publicity if asked to do so. The prize may only be taken as stated and cannot be changed
- Mathstory does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries.
- Entrants must supply full details as required by the registration form, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize(s). No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- As submissions are received, Mathstory will vet all entries for suitability.
- Winners will be selected on December 15, 2020 and will be notified via email.
- Winning entries will also be posted online at http://mathstory.org
- All winners will be required to submit a self-portrait and short biography following notification.
- Winners must provide proof of identification.
- $300 (AUD) will be awarded to the first prize winner.
- $200 (AUD) will be awarded to the second prize winner.
- $100 (AUD) will be awarded to the third prize winner.
- If a winning entrant is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, Mathstory reserves the right to offer the prize to the next best entry.
- The Judges’ decision is final in every situation, including any not covered above, and neither the Judges nor Mathstory will respond to correspondence justifying its decision.
- Mathstory reserves the right to modify or cancel the Competition or any of the arrangements, schedules, plans or other items directly or indirectly related to the Competition, at any time and for any reason if deemed necessary in its opinion.
- Entrants agree to indemnify and hold the Mathstory harmless from any third party claims for loss, damage, prejudice, liability or expense suffered as a result of or in any manner in connection with your video entry, any other of your acts or omissions or any information which you provided.
- Participation in the Competition, including being selected to receive a prize, in no manner constitutes an endorsement or support by Mathstory of your views or aims or of any products or services. You shall not advertise or otherwise claim to have obtained any such endorsement or support.